Old 11-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Fixing a problem(s)

We are too fast to ask a question on this list, when we can do our
own search for the answer. The first step is to have all the information
in front of you. Consider a real example.

All you need is a solid statement of the problem and then put it on
Google and start searching the web pages brought up. The first thing is
we are using Ubuntu so that is the first word.

The problem now is more difficult. In my business way back there
much more was learned from discovering what the real problem was. So
spend some time with this. In the example use screen freezes when totem
used.

The query will be like ubuntu, freeze, totem or something like that.
I used that and Google found a number of ubuntu bugs on this problem and
then one page had some answers. This is usually the case, if you get the
question right.

So use Google before you ask a question of the list, and tell in
your message that you searched Google :-)

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User