Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 AM
"Rajiv Vyas"

Default Ubuntu 8.10 on Eee PC 904

I got my Eee PC with Windoes XP and wanted to dual boot with Ununtu 8.10. How good is the Ubuntu EEE?*And has anyone tried 8.10 on this machine?
*
*

Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Gilles Gravier

Title: Signature Home Chastity

Hi!

Rajiv Vyas wrote:

I got my Eee PC with Windoes XP and wanted to dual boot with
Ununtu 8.10. How good is the Ubuntu EEE?*And has anyone tried 8.10 on
this machine?

There's a better alternative now. Install default Ubuntu 8.10... then
follow the instructions at http://www.array.org/ubuntu/ to install the
custom kernel. This works fantastic! Much cleaner solution than
UbuntuEEE with it's set of additional packages which don't survive a
distro update...

Gilles.

--

Gilles Gravier = Gilles@Gravier.org

ICQ : 77488526* || MSN Messenger : Gilles@Gravier.org

Skype :*ggravier || Y! : ggravier || AOL : gillesgravier

PGP Key ID : 0x8DE6D026

"Chastity
is its own punishment." (Solomon Short)
[David Gerrold]

"De toutes les
aberrations sexuelles, la chasteté est la plus aberrante." [Anatole France]

Old 11-14-2008, 03:57 AM
"Amy Kelly"

> There's a better alternative now. Install default Ubuntu 8.10... then follow
> the instructions at http://www.array.org/ubuntu/ to install the custom
> kernel. This works fantastic! Much cleaner solution than UbuntuEEE with it's
> set of additional packages which don't survive a distro update...

Thanks, that was what I needed. Weird thing is I installed the
eeeBuntu full version today, and it did not see the wireless. At all.
The netbook mix saw it, but not the full one. But this should help.
Thanks!
--
Amy Kelly // engagedtone@gmail.com