Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Scott

Default Wireless screwed up in 8.10

I just installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my wife's laptop. At first the wifi
light was not on, but then I ran hardware drivers and selected the
broadcomm driver which downloaded. I restarted the computer and the
wifi light came on, good right. No, because the "enable wireless"
decided to grey out on me and I have no way to enable wireless now. The
button was not grayed out before before the driver was installed, but
now it is. What am I suppose to do? This worded fine on Kubuntu 7.10
and 8.04.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 8.10