Old 11-13-2008, 04:41 PM
NoOp

Default wanting to use a realtime kernel as my main kernel and generic as secondary

On 11/13/2008 09:08 AM, Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am wondering how I would set my real time kernel to run as the first
> kernel and my generic as the back up kernel?

You can either edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
or:

sudo apt-get install startupmanager

then:

System|Administration|Startup-Manager

and under 'Boot options' select the kernel you wish in the 'Default
operating system' dropdown. It an excellent GUI for configuring most of
your boot & startup options.

Note: startupmanager is in the 'Universe' repositories, so you'll either
need to enable that first, or use Applications|Add/Remove.