Old 11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Peter Schueller

Default gpodder: pressing play creates strange error

Package: gpodder
Version: 0.12.1-1
Severity: important

When selecting a downloaded episode and clicking the "Play" button, the following
error dialog pops up: "Nothing selected" "Please select an episode that you want to
download and then click on the download button to start downloading the episode".

The episode is played nevertheless, but the dialog always pops up.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers intrepid-updates
APT policy: (500, 'intrepid-updates'), (500, 'intrepid-security'), (500, 'intrepid')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.27-7-generic (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages gpodder depends on:
ii python 2.5.2-1ubuntu1 An interactive high-level object-o
ii python-feedparser 4.1-10ubuntu1 Universal Feed Parser for Python
ii python-glade2 2.13.0-0ubuntu8 GTK+ bindings: Glade support
ii python-gtk2 2.13.0-0ubuntu8 Python bindings for the GTK+ widge
ii python-support 0.8.4 automated rebuilding support for P

Versions of packages gpodder recommends:
ii python-gpod 0.6.0-5ubuntu2 a library to read and write songs

-- no debconf information

Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:00:50 +0100
Peter Schueller <schueller.p@gmail.com> wrote:

> Package: gpodder
> Version: 0.12.1-1
> Severity: important
>

> When selecting a downloaded episode and clicking the "Play" button,
> the following error dialog pops up: "Nothing selected" "Please select
> an episode that you want to download and then click on the download
> button to start downloading the episode".
>
> The episode is played nevertheless, but the dialog always pops up.
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers intrepid-updates
> APT policy: (500, 'intrepid-updates'), (500, 'intrepid-security'),
> (500, 'intrepid') Architecture: i386 (i686)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.27-7-generic (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> Versions of packages gpodder depends on:
> ii python 2.5.2-1ubuntu1 An interactive
> high-level object-o ii python-feedparser 4.1-10ubuntu1
> Universal Feed Parser for Python ii python-glade2
> 2.13.0-0ubuntu8 GTK+ bindings: Glade support ii
> python-gtk2 2.13.0-0ubuntu8 Python bindings for the GTK+
> widge ii python-support 0.8.4 automated
> rebuilding support for P
>
> Versions of packages gpodder recommends:
> ii python-gpod 0.6.0-5ubuntu2 a library to read and
> write songs
>
> -- no debconf information

Can you file this on launchpad? I know the system sent it to the users
mailing list, but it never gets worked if it stays here.

The right place to file bug reports is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu

That will give the developers a chance to see if they can fix it.

Thanks.

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 11-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Peter Smerdon

Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> writes:

> Can you file this on launchpad? I know the system sent it to the users
> mailing list, but it never gets worked if it stays here.
>
> The right place to file bug reports is:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
>
> That will give the developers a chance to see if they can fix it.

Yeah what is up with that? I tried to send a bug report that the emacs
module debian-el, which has its own bug reporting tool, submits the bug
to the wrong place, but of course, it submitted *that* bug to the wrong
place....

Does Ubuntu only use a web based application for reporting bugs?
--
Peter Smerdon
psmerdon@magma.ca