Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Lucio Crusca

Default sjeng: segfaults with some options in eboard

Package: sjeng
Version: 11.2-6
Severity: normal

Start eboard, play against sjeng, set 1 second per move, max depth to 1 and disable thinking in opponent's time (I like easy games...). Usually (but
not always) eboard segfaults and crashes after a few moves, rarely goes beyond 30 moves. Since I can't reproduce the bug using eboard while playing
against gnuchess, I assume it's a sjeng problem.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT prefers hardy-updates
APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500, 'hardy')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.27 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=it_IT.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages sjeng depends on:
ii libc6 2.7-10ubuntu4 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii libgdbm3 1.8.3-3 GNU dbm database routines (runtime

sjeng recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:42:54 +0100
Lucio Crusca <lucio@sulweb.org> wrote:

> Package: sjeng
> Version: 11.2-6
> Severity: normal
>

> Start eboard, play against sjeng, set 1 second per move, max depth to
> 1 and disable thinking in opponent's time (I like easy games...).
> Usually (but not always) eboard segfaults and crashes after a few
> moves, rarely goes beyond 30 moves. Since I can't reproduce the bug
> using eboard while playing against gnuchess, I assume it's a sjeng
> problem.
>
> -- System Information:
> Debian Release: lenny/sid
> APT prefers hardy-updates
> APT policy: (500, 'hardy-updates'), (500, 'hardy-security'), (500,
> 'hardy') Architecture: i386 (i686)
>
> Kernel: Linux 2.6.27 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
> Locale: LANG=it_IT.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
> Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
>
> Versions of packages sjeng depends on:
> ii libc6 2.7-10ubuntu4 GNU C Library: Shared
> libraries ii libgdbm3 1.8.3-3 GNU dbm
> database routines (runtime
>
> sjeng recommends no packages.
>
> -- no debconf information

Can you file this on launchpad? I know the system sent it to the users
mailing list, but it never gets worked if it stays here.

The right place to file bug reports is:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu

That will give the developers a chance to see if they can fix it.

Thanks.

--
Charlie Kravetz