Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 PM
"Geoff Lane"

Default Intrepid WiFi Problems

Having previously used wifi on Gutsy and Hardy with very little configuration needed I am
surprised that the liveCD installation of Intrepid did not show my Linksys USB adapter at all.

Manually entered my wifi settings but no connect option.

This ISO was downloaded for a friend to try, my own installed upgrade from Hardy to Intrepid
shows my wifi configuration to have disappeared although it does still work.

From my point of view it appears the later 8.10 version is less user friendly for wifi.

Geoff Lane
Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club
www.whcc.co.uk