Old 11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
"Bernardo Hicks"

Default Ubuntu / HP Thin Clients / LTSP

Which version of Ubuntu do i need to install in order for my 2 HP Thin Clients to connect via LTSP in Ubuntu?

Thanks!!

All Work No Play

Old 11-12-2008, 07:49 PM
"Bernardo Hicks"

Old 11-12-2008, 07:56 PM
"Chris Mohler"

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Bernardo Hicks <trey@hi-flitones.com> wrote:
> Which version of Ubuntu do i need to install in order for my 2 HP Thin
> Clients to connect via LTSP in Ubuntu?

I'm pretty sure edubuntu has the LTSP server installed by default:
http://edubuntu.org/

"Regular" Ubuntu also has the LTSP server/client packages. This is from 8.10:
$ aptitude search ltsp
p ltsp-client - LTSP client environment
p ltsp-client-core - LTSP client environment
p ltsp-manager - Ubuntu LTSP server management GUI
p ltsp-server - Basic LTSP server environment
p ltsp-server-standalone - Complete LTSP server environment
p ltspfs - Fuse based remote filesystem for LTSP thin
p ltspfsd - Fuse based remote filesystem daemon for LT
p python-ltsp - provides ltsp related functions

HTH,
Chris

Old 11-13-2008, 12:36 AM
"Bernardo Hicks"

Ok.* I have successfully downloaded and installed edubuntu. I ran ltsp-manager in terminal.* Is this all i am suppose to do to get my thin clients up and running?* Is there a more in depth guide on how to use LTSP?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
David Vincent

Old 11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
CLIFFORD ILKAY

Bernardo Hicks wrote:
> Ok. I have successfully downloaded and installed edubuntu. I ran
> ltsp-manager in terminal. Is this all i am suppose to do to get my thin
> clients up and running? Is there a more in depth guide on how to use LTSP?

You don't necessarily have to use Edubuntu. The Ubuntu alternate CD has
an option to install an LTSP server. At the end of the installation, if
I recall, it will create the necessary configuration for your thin
clients to be able to boot. You can run whatever desktop or windowing
manager you want. You don't necessarily have to run Gnome. I'm running
KDE via LTSP with no problems.

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis
1419-3266 Yonge St.alternate