Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 AM
"Tony Yarusso"

Default XFS data recovery

So, a friend of mine did an accidental rm on ALL of /var on a system.
We're wondering what our options are for getting that data back. He
ctrl-Cd the deletion partway through when he realized what happened,
and shut off the system. /var was its own partition, formatted as XFS
on top of LVM2 spanning two drives. Each drive is 250GB, for 500GB
total system capacity. /var was half of that, 250GB (but using both
drives via LVM). Only about 500MB was used space. Ideas?

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/