Old 11-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Jim Smith

Default New Firefox Problem

Today Firefox began exhibiting some odd and unwanted behavior. When it
is started it completely fills the screen, covering up the Gnome Panels
and its own Title Bar. Thus I am unable to resize the Firefox window or
switch desktops with the chooser. (Or for that matter "spin the cube" by
rolling the mouse wheel on a free portion of the desktop.) This is an
aggravation as I am used to having more than one thing on separate
desktops. This did not begin to occur until today after the latest round
of updates, which included the newest 2.6.27-8-generic kernel.

Any ideas? Thank you........

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 11-12-2008, 03:19 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

re:

Today Firefox began exhibiting some odd and unwanted behavior. When it
is started it completely fills the screen, covering up the Gnome Panels
and its own Title Bar. Thus I am unable to resize the Firefox window or
switch desktops with the chooser. (Or for that matter "spin the cube" by
rolling the mouse wheel on a free portion of the desktop.) This is an
aggravation as I am used to having more than one thing on separate
desktops. This did not begin to occur until today after the latest round
of updates, which included the newest 2.6.27-8-generic kernel.

Please check these intructions taken from:

"How to fix it:

1- close any firefox instance you have opened.
2- go to /home/<your_user>/.mozilla/firefox/ (type CTRL+H to see hidden
files and folders, you all know... ).
3- get into your "XXXX.default" directory.
4- search for a file called "localstore.rdf" and delete it."

Regards,

L.