Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Chris G

Default Crash on exiting from X - xubuntu 8.10 - fixed by adding NoAccel

I reported that I get a hard crash on exiting from X on a new
installation of xubuntu 8.10 on an Asus P5Q-VM motherboard (all Intel).

Well I have found that adding:-

Option "NoAccel"

to the xorg.conf file fixes the crash so it seems like it's a bug in
the Intel drivers still. I have the latest drivers as far as I know,
2:2.4.1-1ubuntu10.

Should I report this or is it known that there are still bugs
hearaobouts? I'm happy to do some diagnosis/debugging if that would be
useful.

--
Chris Green

Old 11-12-2008, 06:19 AM
Nils Kassube

Chris G wrote:
> Should I report this or is it known that there are still bugs
> hearaobouts? I'm happy to do some diagnosis/debugging if that would be
> useful.

You can search at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/> if it is known and report
it if it isn't.

Nils

Old 11-12-2008, 04:27 PM
NoOp

On 11/11/2008 11:19 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> Chris G wrote:
>> Should I report this or is it known that there are still bugs
>> hearaobouts? I'm happy to do some diagnosis/debugging if that would be
>> useful.
>
> You can search at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/> if it is known and report
> it if it isn't.
>

> Nils

This might help:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.searchtext=intel+G45&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>

Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Chris G

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:27:19AM -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 11/11/2008 11:19 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Chris G wrote:
> >> Should I report this or is it known that there are still bugs
> >> hearaobouts? I'm happy to do some diagnosis/debugging if that would be
> >> useful.
> >
> > You can search at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/> if it is known and report
> > it if it isn't.
> >

> > Nils
> >

> This might help:
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.searchtext=intel+G45&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&f ield.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field. status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.st atus%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED& field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist =FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=& field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_ package=>

Thanks, yes, I've added a comment to one of those and will keep a
watch there.

--
Chris Green