Old 11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Sony Camcorder on Ubuntu

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Rashkae <ubuntu@tigershaunt.com> wrote:

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> Hello,

> I have Sony Camcorder with Small DVD as storage. How Can I see recorded

> movies on my

> desktop running Ubuntu. I tried both Mplayer and other movie player, but it

> seems that they

> don't understand the Sony DVD format. Any idea ?

> csv

This won't help your current situation, but for future ref.

When you blank the disc on the camcorder, you should have the choice of

formatting to allow edits or standard DVD format. *Choose the standard

DVD format. *That way, you can simply make a copy of the DVD to work on

any standard DVD player. *(and you can still extract the videos if you

then want to put them through video editing software on PC's)

Also, make sure you finalize the disc before removing from your camera.

As for your current dvd, try mounting the disc so you can see the file

system and see if mplayer can play any of the actual video files

contained therein, they should work. *Unfortunately, I don't remember

enough about the disc format to tell you what file names to look for.

Hello,

Unfortuntely I don't see any files after mounting. But the DVD works fine with Camcorder.

csv