Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Steve Brettell

Default Gimp

Is there a tutorial about Gimp anywhere?* My wife likes Photoshop, but it's way expensive.* I recommended Gimp, but she's having trouble learning it.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
norman

> Is there a tutorial about Gimp anywhere? My wife likes Photoshop, but
> it's way expensive. I recommended Gimp, but she's having trouble
> learning it.

There are lots of very good help available by starting at the Gimp web
site. If you could indicate your wife's interests, for example working
with photographic images, I would be glad to point her in the right
direction. Incidentally, which version of Gimp is she using?

Norman

Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Knapp

gimpshop if it still lives might make her much happier.

http://osdir.com/Article7278.phtml

This link is 2 years out of date but works.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Old 11-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 15:28:14 -0500
Steve Brettell <sbrettell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a tutorial about Gimp anywhere? My wife likes Photoshop, but
> it's way expensive. I recommended Gimp, but she's having trouble
> learning it.

Yes. Install grokking-the-gimp in Synaptic Package Manager. It ¨is the
HTML version of "Grokking the GIMP", an excellent introduction to the
GIMP and to image processing in general.¨ Covers basics of using GIMP.

good luck,

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 AM
norman

> > Is there a tutorial about Gimp anywhere? My wife likes Photoshop, but
> > it's way expensive. I recommended Gimp, but she's having trouble
> > learning it.
>
> Yes. Install grokking-the-gimp in Synaptic Package Manager. It ¨is the
> HTML version of "Grokking the GIMP", an excellent introduction to the
> GIMP and to image processing in general.¨ Covers basics of using GIMP.

The trouble with Grokking the Gimp is that it refers to a version of
Gimp which is very much out of date. The best thing is to use the latest
help material available from the Gimp web site and to look at and listen
to some of the videos that are readily available. I strongly recommend
www.meetthegimp.org and start with video No1.

Norman

Old 11-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Dubh Aingeal

Steve Brettell wrote:
> Is there a tutorial about Gimp anywhere? My wife likes Photoshop, but
> it's way expensive. I recommended Gimp, but she's having trouble
> learning it.

Full Circle Magazine has been running monthly "Using Gimp" Articles.
They might be of help.

http://fullcirclemagazine.org/

Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 15:28 -0500, Steve Brettell wrote:
> Is there a tutorial about Gimp anywhere?

The mighty Google is at your service
http://www.google.com/search?q=gimp+tutorial

Old 08-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Genes MailLists

Are there any plans to bring gimp 2.7.x -> 2.8 into F16 ?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Richard Shaw

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Genes MailLists <lists@sapience.com> wrote:

> *Are there any plans to bring gimp 2.7.x -> 2.8 into F16 ?

Is there a specific reason to? The home page states that the whole
2.7.x series should be considered unstable.

Richard

Old 08-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Ilyes Gouta

>> *Are there any plans to bring gimp 2.7.x -> 2.8 into F16 ?
>
> Is there a specific reason to? The home page states that the whole
> 2.7.x series should be considered unstable.

Alright, would then the 2.8.x series be in F16?

-Ilyes