Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM
"Barton Phillips"

Default GDM screen resolution

When gdm comes up the screen resolution is very high and the fonts are almost unreadable. How can I change the resolution to something like 800x600 so I can read the fonts?
--
Barton Phillips
Applitec Inc.

http://www.applitec.com

Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Christoph Bier

Barton Phillips schrieb:
> When gdm comes up the screen resolution is very high and the fonts are
> almost unreadable. How can I change the resolution to something like
> 800x600 so I can read the fonts?

Try

SubSection "Display"
Virtual 800 600
EndSubSection

in the Screen section of your xorg.conf. Pay attention to choose the
screen the server layout uses---if there's a server layout section.

HTH

Best
Christoph
--