Old 11-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Bo Grimes

Default Accept only "smtp.gmail.com" and "pop.gmail.com", how i could do that?

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 06:37:17PM +0100, Manuel Gómez wrote:
> Hi, i would like accept only smtps and pop3s on my OS and i only want to
> know how accept "smtp.gmail.com" and "pop.gmail.com" in my icedove.
>
> I allow the IPs (pop.gmail.com, smtp,gmail.com) but the connection doesn't
> works, what i could allow? I know how to use my firewall (it works allowing
> all smtps and pop3s connections), so i would like to learn how allow
> specifically these connections.
>
> Thank you very much, I appreciate your help. I need help, so i have posted
> in several mailing lists, i just wish that i could be forgiven.

If I understand you correctly, you are not able to access Gmail using pop
and smtp. It may be that something like port 25 is closed to all
connections, but it is also possible it's just a simple mail configuration
issue.

Have you enabled pop at Gmail? If not log in at Gmail and go to "Settings" and
then "Forwarding and Pop/IMAP" and enable pop. Ice Dove (which I have never
used) is like Thunderbird, so then follow these instructions:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=38343

If you have done all this, I apologize. Your email doesn't given any error
messages to indicate where exactly in the mail delivery process you're
having trouble.