Old 11-09-2008, 04:43 PM
"Maria Broberg"

Default Gpu temperature

Hi
My sensors-applet 2.2.1 doesn't show the GPU Temperature!!
In fedora I never had to bother with this feature!!!
Whats the problem!?

Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Victor Sterpu

Run sensors-detect and follow the instructions.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Michael

Victor Sterpu wrote:
> Run sensors-detect and follow the instructions.
>
> Maria Broberg wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> My sensors-applet 2.2.1 doesn't show the GPU Temperature!!
>> In fedora I never had to bother with this feature!!!
>> Whats the problem!?

My sensor applet only shows GPU temp after I started using Nvidia driver
177.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:23 PM
R Kimber

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 14:25:02 -0800

> >> My sensors-applet 2.2.1 doesn't show the GPU Temperature!!
> >> In fedora I never had to bother with this feature!!!
> >> Whats the problem!?

What Graphics card are you using? If it's nvidia, I think you need to
install nvidia-settings and enable the display in that.

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Ray Parrish

Hello, Sorry to jump in on your thread, but I saw your question, and
decided I'd like to have sensors-applet. I installed it with Synaptic,
and now I cannot find it! As far as I can see it sn't on any of the
menus, and trying to rrun sensors-applet in Terminal results in a "file
not found" error.

How do I use it?

Later, Ray Parrish

Maria Broberg wrote:
> Hi
> My sensors-applet 2.2.1 doesn't show the GPU Temperature!!
> In fedora I never had to bother with this feature!!!
> Whats the problem!?

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows

Old 11-10-2008, 06:04 AM
"Carl Friis-Hansen"

> Hello, Sorry to jump in on your thread, but I saw your question, and
> decided I'd like to have sensors-applet. I installed it with Synaptic,
> and now I cannot find it! As far as I can see it sn't on any of the
> menus, and trying to rrun sensors-applet in Terminal results in a "file
> not found" error.
>
> How do I use it?

Did anybody answer you? - if not:

Ray, it's an applet *only*, thus you will *only* find it among the applet
collection. You get to that by right-clicking on an empty space on your
menu bar and select *Add to panel...*. I believe you figure out the rest.

Good luck
--
Carl Friis-Hansen

Old 11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Ray Parrish

Thanks for the answer... I did figure that out on my own after a bit... 8-)

Later, Ray Parrish