-   -   I cannot compile - bash: ./configu /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission refused (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/190401-i-cannot-compile-bash-configu-bin-sh-bad-interpreter-permission-refused.html)

"Manuel Gómez" 11-09-2008 01:57 PM

I cannot compile - bash: ./configu /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission refused

Hi, i would like install Xnee 3.02 but when i type "./configure" says "bash: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission refused". The readme says that it must* be installed by typing configure, make, and make install.

What could i do?

Thank you very much, a appreciate your help.

Nils Kassube 11-10-2008 05:33 AM

Manuel Gómez wrote:
> Hi, i would like install Xnee 3.02 but when i type "./configure" says
> "bash: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission refused". The
> readme says that it must be installed by typing configure, make, and
> make install.

Just a wild guess: You can try to change the configure script. Replace
every instance of "/bin/sh" with "/bin/bash".

And here is an explanation why that might work. In Ubuntu, /bin/sh really
is dash instead of bash. Dash is sh compliant like bash but it is faster
and it doesn't have the bash extensions.

Some scripts use bash specific syntax even though they don't use /bin/bash
but /bin/sh because /bin/sh has been bash on many (all?) Linux systems
for a long time. That is a fault of the script because it should really
use /bin/bash if it needs the bash syntax.

Nils

"Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk" 11-10-2008 08:06 AM

2008/11/9 Manuel Gómez <mgdpz1@gmail.com>:

> Hi, i would like install Xnee 3.02 but when i type "./configure" says "bash:
> ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission refused".

Perhaps this file has DOS/Windows line endings. If so, you can fix this by:

sed -i 's/
//' configure

--
Marcin Kowalczyk