Old 11-09-2008, 11:27 AM
"Francisco Borges"

Default gnome-keyring and networkmanager

Hello,

Is there anyway to have network-manager *not* storing my wireless password on a keyring?

I know I can set my keyring password to be the same of my account, but I also prefer to have a passwordless login.

Perhaps I could have a keyring with an empty password, but then I would be afraid that some actually sensitive password would end up there unprotected, so I would like to just store my wireless passwords in plain text. Is that possible?

[...]

FWIW: My computer sits at home, and I am the only user. If someone decides to break in and steal it, having GDM/KDM asking for a password is unlikely to protect my privacy anyway. The same goes for my wireless network. If someone steals my computer, changing the wireless router is likely to be the least of my problems.

Actual "shopping website's passwords" are currently protected by a longer password in Firefox.

Cheers,
--
Francisco