Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Mario Vukelic

Default ubuntu-8.10-alternate-i386 LTS how to make items on screen smaller?

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 22:07 -0800, David Christensen wrote:
> I am now trying to figure out
> how to make the various items on the server screen smaller, so that I
> can see more information. At some point, I will need to repeat this
> exercise for the clients.

> STFW, it looks like changing the dots per inch (DPI) setting is the
> answer via a Control Panel (?) application, but I can't find such.

I guess it depends which items you mean:

You can change the size of file icons and the like by opening any file
manager window, menu File -> Preferences.

Font size is on the top panel, menu System -> Preferences -> Appearance
-> tab Fonts. dpi settings are on this tab under the Details button.

Panel size: rightclick panel -> Properties