Old 11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
ike ibekwe

Default Epson Stylus SX400 All-in-One Printer

Hi all,

I just bought the Epson Stylus SX400 All-in-One Printer but cannot get it to work (i.e scan images or print documents) even though it is detected. I am using Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. Do anyone know a way out of this? Please help.

Thank you

ike

Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 AM
"Carl Friis-Hansen"

> I just bought the Epson Stylus SX400 All-in-One Printer but cannot get it
> to work (i.e scan images or print documents) even though it is detected. I
> am using Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. Do anyone know a way out of this?
> Please help.

Assuming you have already done your Google homework, there is the
possibility of buying a printer driver that suits almost any printer:
http://www.turboprint.info/
I use it myself as the only software I ever bought commercially with Linux.

--
---------=oOOo=---------
Carl Friis-Hansen

Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Erik Christiansen

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 10:00:47AM +0100, ike ibekwe wrote:
> I just bought the Epson Stylus SX400 All-in-One Printer but cannot get
> it to work (i.e scan images or print documents) even though it is
> detected. I am using Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. Do anyone know a way
> out of this? Please help.

Have you tried the driver recommended at
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_SX400

Erik