Old 11-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Mark

Default How do I change the document viewer as the default pdf reader?

HI everyone:

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and I am trying to see if and how I can replace the default document viewer program that reads pdf's with another pdf viewer* program? Thanks.

Mark

Old 11-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Philip Wyett

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 03:09 -0500, Mark wrote:
> HI everyone:
>
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and I am
> trying to see if and how I can replace the default document viewer
> program that reads pdf's with another pdf viewer program? Thanks.
>
> Mark

* Install the pdf reader of your choice.
* Right click on a pdf file on your hdd and then click on 'Properites'
at the bottom of the menu.
* On the 'Opens with' tab, select the reader of your choice as the
default to open pdf files with.
* Close the dialog box and there you are. :-)

Regards

Phil

Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 AM
Mark

Hi Phil:

Thank you very* much for your help. What you say for the most part does work for me, but I am using evolution for my email and when I click on a file that has a pdf the only options I'm given when I click on the drop down arrow is save as or open in document viewer. I need a way to change document viewer from showing up in the drop down box and instead show acroreader. Thank you.

Mark