Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Mark

Default No sound with VLC Media Player

Hi everyone:

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 on a Dell 1525 inspiron laptop and I am using VLC Media Player to play DVD's but I* have no sound whatsoever. I made sure the volume was turned all the way up but I still can't hear anything. Any ideas of what could be wrong? Thank you.

Mark

Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2008-11-09 at 03:03 -0500, Mark wrote:
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04 on a Dell 1525 inspiron laptop and I am using
> VLC Media Player to play DVD's but I have no sound whatsoever.

Didn't it work recently? I thought it did.

* Sound in other applications works?
* Please press Alt+F2, enter gstreamer-properties. What does it
list as defauls sound output? If you click Test, does it work?
* Start vlc, go to menu Tools -> Preferences. Click Audio in the
pane on the left. What does it list as Output Type. "Default"?
* Use your favorite package manager (such as Synaptic) to check
whether you have the package "vlc-plugin-pulse" installed.