Old 11-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Karl Larsen

Default Intrepid problems

I got Intrepid on my new lap top but it has some wierd problems. I
tried to

sudo apt-get install thunderbird and joe and get the no such packages
response.

Is there no software like that for Intrepid?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-08-2008, 11:49 PM
NoOp

http://packages.ubuntu.com/

Old 11-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Karl Larsen wrote:
> I got Intrepid on my new lap top but it has some wierd problems. I
> tried to
>
> sudo apt-get install thunderbird and joe and get the no such packages
> response.
>
> Is there no software like that for Intrepid?
>
> Karl

Thunderbird exists in the Intrepid repositories. I aded it via
Synaptic to replace the default email client.
NP: nothing

Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Karl Larsen

NoOp wrote:
> On 11/08/2008 04:30 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I got Intrepid on my new lap top but it has some wierd problems. I
>> tried to
>>
>> sudo apt-get install thunderbird and joe and get the no such packages
>> response.
>>
>> Is there no software like that for Intrepid?
>>
>> Karl
>>

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/

Well that tells me I can get joe. It is in a server but I CAN'T GET
MY stuff to get it. What can be the problem?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Jim Smith

Karl Larsen wrote:
> I got Intrepid on my new lap top but it has some wierd problems. I
> tried to
>
> sudo apt-get install thunderbird and joe and get the no such packages
> response.
>
> Is there no software like that for Intrepid?
>
> Karl

Joe exists, its on my Intrepid system.

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 11-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Karl Larsen

Jim Smith wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I got Intrepid on my new lap top but it has some wierd problems. I
>> tried to
>>
>> sudo apt-get install thunderbird and joe and get the no such packages
>> response.
>>
>> Is there no software like that for Intrepid?
>>
>> Karl
>>

> Joe exists, its on my Intrepid system.
>
> Jim

Yes I know but I can't figure out why MY intrepid can't d/l it. And
I seem not to be getting any updates either. It loaded just fine.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
NoOp

On 11/08/2008 04:56 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 11/08/2008 04:30 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> I got Intrepid on my new lap top but it has some wierd problems. I
>>> tried to
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get install thunderbird and joe and get the no such packages
>>> response.
>>>
>>> Is there no software like that for Intrepid?
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/
>>

> Well that tells me I can get joe. It is in a server but I CAN'T GET
> MY stuff to get it. What can be the problem?
>

> Karl

As is Thunderbird. I suggest that you check your software
sources/repositories & /etc/apt/sources.list

My _guess_ is that your sources are screwed up. What do you see when you
do a standard 'sudo apt-get update'? If you see errors then that should
provide a clue. Also, you might want to try another repo server as quite
often I find the standard Ubuntu repo servers to be unreliable.