Old 11-08-2008, 10:35 PM
"Jonathan D. Armendariz"

Default Problem with audio in any Flash based web page

Hello,

I have one last remaining problem (using Ubuntu 8.10 and FF). Problem is
I'm unable to get any audio whatsoever from Flash based web pages (IE
YouTube, etc). Other applications such as Last.FM and Shoutcast work
just fine so I know I can get audio elsewhere. I also know that if I
download a YouTube video to my computer as an FLV file it works just
fine. I do recall when I last asked about this someone referenced the
PulseAudio settings or some such but I've since lost that email. I have
downloaded and installed the latest version of Flash from Adobe but no
joy. Any help certainly would be appreciated.

--
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being
overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 11-10-2008, 10:36 PM
PierPaolo

Hi all, I have this problem too,

*- Ubuntu 8.04,

*- flashplugin-nonfree
***** Architecture: amd64
***** Version: 9.0.124.0ubuntu2

@ this page:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-2542844895415903403&hl=de

any idea?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 PM
NoOp

On 11/10/2008 03:36 PM, PierPaolo wrote:
> Hi all, I have this problem too,
>
> - Ubuntu 8.04,
>
> - flashplugin-nonfree
> Architecture: amd64
> Version: 9.0.124.0ubuntu2
>
> @ this page:
> http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-2542844895415903403&hl=de
>
> any idea?

It's an issue with the video itself. There is no audio for that video
even using youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8oavLQeAjM

8.04.1 +flash 10

Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 PM
"Jonathan D. Armendariz"

NoOp wrote:

> It's an issue with the video itself. There is no audio for that video
> even using youtube:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8oavLQeAjM
>
> 8.04.1 +flash 10

Well I notice that ANY Flash video or even if I use Pandora.com still
there's no audio whatsoever. I also know for a fact that regardless of
what browser I use (Opera and FF) there's still no audio so it seems to
me there's something amiss with Flash itself. That's what I'm still
trying to figure out. Yes, I downloaded the latest version from Adobe.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:39 PM
"Christian"

Hi,
Have you installed libflashsupport?
sudo apt-get install libflashsupport
This will make the audio to work through pulseaudio.
Best regards,
Christian

Old 11-11-2008, 06:45 AM
PierPaolo

woops, my fault for the video, sorry..
Actually, audio works well for me, except for some type of streams, but this could rather be a problem with the upgrading of java from 5 to 6?

pierpaolo:~$ dpkg-query -s libflashsupport

Package: libflashsupport
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 68
Maintainer: Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com>