-   -   Hardy - Proposed Grub & initramfs-tools update (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/190055-hardy-proposed-grub-initramfs-tools-update.html)

NoOp 11-08-2008 05:17 PM

Hardy - Proposed Grub & initramfs-tools update

I note in my 'Proposed' updates today a new Grub & initramfs-tools update:

<quote>
Version 0.97-29ubuntu21.1:

* debian/patches/grub-install_better_raid.diff: backported from Intrepid;
install grub on multiple disks in a RAID. (LP: #290885)
* debian/patches/00list: updated accordingly
</quote>

<quote>
Version 0.85eubuntu39.3:

* Functionality backported from Intrepid to Hardy to support booting
degraded RAID, LP: #290885.
* scripts/functions: Adjust the mountroot failure hooks framework to
that used in Intrepid, renaming the function so as not to break other
callers in Hardy
* scripts/local: Add get_fstype() and root_missing() helper functions
and fix the root_missing loop
</quote>

Anyone tried these yet? I get nervous anytime there is an update like
this & just wondered if anyone has taken the plunge first.