Old 11-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Samuel Rohde

Default Problem with GDM and guest account please help

Ever since I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 I am not able to see the GDM screen and the
guest account on my 32" TV/Monitor. The only way for me to see them is
when I switch screens to a 17" screen. I am the administrator for the
computer and I am able to see my account normally, just not the guest
account and the GDM theme. There is only my account and a guest account
on my computer. How can I fix this problem?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:41 AM
"Amit Joshi"

Ever since I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 I am not able to see the GDM screen and the

guest account on my 32" TV/Monitor. The only way for me to see them is

when I switch screens to a 17" screen. I am the administrator for the

computer and I am able to see my account normally, just not the guest

account and the GDM theme. There is only my account and a guest account

on my computer. How can I fix this problem?

Seems like your computer has adapted itself to a 17" screen... meaning that the xorg.conf (after upgradation) has been modified in a manner that the 32" TV/Monitor is not recognized (hence cannot set a suitable resolution/frame rate) - resulting in your not seeing the GDM screen.

*
Amit Joshi

Old 11-19-2008, 03:52 AM
Samuel Rohde

---------------------------------
Seems like your computer has adapted itself to a 17" screen... meaning that the xorg.conf (after upgradation) has been modified in a manner that the 32" TV/Monitor is not recognized (hence cannot set a suitable resolution/frame rate) - resulting in your not seeing the GDM screen.

Amit Joshi

-----------------------------------
I upgraded the computer while it was plugged into the 32' monitor. After realizing that I couldn't see GDM and guest I switched to the 17'.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:53 AM
"Amit Joshi"

Ever since I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10 I am not able to see the GDM screen and the

guest account on my 32" TV/Monitor. The only way for me to see them is

when I switch screens to a 17" screen.

Seems like your computer has adapted itself to a 17" screen... meaning that the xorg.conf (after upgradation) has been modified in a manner that the 32" TV/Monitor is not recognized (hence cannot set a suitable resolution/frame rate) - resulting in your not seeing the GDM screen.

Amit Joshi

I upgraded the computer while it was plugged into the 32' monitor. After realizing that I couldn't see GDM and guest I switched to the 17'.

So the problem is solved now?

Amit Joshi