Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Scott

Default Equivalent to Quanta

Hi,

I have just moved from Kubuntu to Ubuntu. I have used Quanta for a
while now, but it haves had little development the past couple years and
I would like to look at alternatives. Especially ones that are
GTK/Gnome based now that I am using Ubuntu. The closer to Quanta the
better as I must have code completion, decent syntax highlighting,
projects, and must be good with both HTML and PHP.

Your friend,
Scott
http://sgaming.org

Old 11-07-2008, 08:53 PM
NoOp

On 11/07/2008 01:32 PM, Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just moved from Kubuntu to Ubuntu. I have used Quanta for a
> while now, but it haves had little development the past couple years and
> I would like to look at alternatives. Especially ones that are
> GTK/Gnome based now that I am using Ubuntu. The closer to Quanta the
> better as I must have code completion, decent syntax highlighting,
> projects, and must be good with both HTML and PHP.
>
> Your friend,
> Scott
> http://sgaming.org

You might find these of interest:
<http://tips.webdesign10.com/using-linux-for-web-design-and-development-ubuntu>
<http://tips.webdesign10.com/good-css-editor-for-linux-ubuntu>

You can also search the packages by sections:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/
and
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&searchon =all&keywords=web+editor>

Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 PM
"Kim Briggs"

On 11/7/08, Scott <slewin@bmts.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just moved from Kubuntu to Ubuntu. I have used Quanta for a
> while now, but it haves had little development the past couple years and
> I would like to look at alternatives. Especially ones that are
> GTK/Gnome based now that I am using Ubuntu. The closer to Quanta the
> better as I must have code completion, decent syntax highlighting,
> projects, and must be good with both HTML and PHP.
>
> Your friend,
> Scott
> http://sgaming.org

Hi Scott,

I have used Quanta before. I don't know if it is a complete
equivalent, but I prefer bluefish.

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

cheers,
--