Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Damien Hull

Default Will 8.04 work on a Dell server?

I'm trying to figure out if Ubuntu 8.04 will work on a new Dell server. We haven't ordered anything yet.

1. Will 8.04 work with the PERC RAID controller?
2. Are there any other driver issues with Dell servers / hardware ?

Old 11-07-2008, 07:55 PM
CLIFFORD ILKAY

Damien Hull wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out if Ubuntu 8.04 will work on a new Dell server. We haven't ordered anything yet.
>
> 1. Will 8.04 work with the PERC RAID controller?
> 2. Are there any other driver issues with Dell servers / hardware ?

I just installed Hardy Server on a PowerEdge 850 with the PERC RAID
adaptor. I don't have X installed on it so I have no idea if the video
card is supported but it should be fine. Both NICs were detected, though
I'm only using the Intel E1000 NIC.

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis
1419-3266 Yonge St.
Toronto, ON
Canada M4N 3P6

<http://dinamis.com>
+1 416-410-3326

Old 11-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Sarunas Burdulis

Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
"MaWaLe MaWaLe"

Yes : a Dell will work fine with the 8.04 release but you must verify the architecture : the XEON one have sometimes many troubles with the Ubuntu Server 32 bits.