Old 11-07-2008, 05:27 PM
"Richard Cahilig"

Default Traffic Shaping Help

Hi, I have a Ubuntu 8.04 firewall/gateway server for our LAN. The server has a layer7, ipp2p and tinyproxy installed. Since I only have 512kbit bandwidth, I want to shape the traffic using tc/htb. What I want to do is to prioritize and give http a highier bandwidth (384) and give the remaining bandwidth to other application such as p2p or ftp. I am new to tc/htb, please help me how to write script for this. Thanks

--
Richard R. Cahilig
http://www.cahilig.org