Old 11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Nikolaus Rath

Default How to convert from xmodmap to evdev?

Hello,

The intrepid release notes kindly point out that

,----
| The X keycodes generated with the new evdev input driver in X.Org 1.5
| are not compatible with those generated in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and before.
| If you have configured keybindings for your user with a ~/.Xmodmap
| file, you will need to convert or disable it by hand on upgrade.
`----

but I could not find any documentation about how to convert. Do I need
to rewrite the xmodmap using different keysyms/keycodes? Or has
xmodmap been replaced by something entirely different in evdev?

Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Best,

-Nikolaus

--
»It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that.«

PGP fingerprint: 5B93 61F8 4EA2 E279 ABF6 02CF A9AD B7F8 AE4E 425C