Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM
"Loïc Grenié"

Default KDE 4 keyboard problems

I've dist-upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10. The upgrade process has not been
very smooth and some packages got lost in the process (I've had to
manually install some packages like kdebase-plasma and kdeplasma-addons
and I've needed to manually modify the file listing of two packages to work
around conflicts).

I have three problems under KDE 4 that might or might not be related:

1) I've added shortcuts for "Go to the desktop on the
[left|right|up|down]" and
"Send window to the desktop on the [left|right|up|down]". Those shortcuts
remain but are strangely enough not "activated" at login. I need to change
them, apply and change them back at each login to have them active.

2) The system settings for keyboard (repeat rate, keyclicks etc..., not
shortcuts) are not present. I do not really need them but I find it strange.

3) At login time, the keyboard mapping is the one of my locale (French)
but not the one I'd like (US).

Thank you for any suggestion,

Loïc Grenié