-   -   IPv6 with NetworkManager ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/189302-ipv6-networkmanager.html)

Alexander Todorov 11-07-2008 11:11 AM

IPv6 with NetworkManager ?

Chris Lumens 11-07-2008 02:05 PM

IPv6 with NetworkManager ?

> I noticed that F10- preview release has network manager in anaconda. However I
> was offered only an IPv4 settings screen, not IPv6. Is it supported, how to get
> it working?

It's not yet supported. David has been working on patches to NM to make
it supported though.

- Chris

David Cantrell 11-08-2008 01:30 AM

IPv6 with NetworkManager ?

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 10:05:29AM -0500, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > I noticed that F10- preview release has network manager in anaconda. However I
> > was offered only an IPv4 settings screen, not IPv6. Is it supported, how to get
> > it working?
>
> It's not yet supported. David has been working on patches to NM to make
> it supported though.

Like Chris said, the missing link right now is NetworkManager needing IPv6
support. I'm helping with that in spare time right now, but I imagine we'll
see it surface during the F-11 development cycle.

The IPv6 UI components are present in anaconda, just disabled right now
because NM lacks IPv6 support. Once NM gains IPv6 support, we can turn those
back on and work on any issues.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@redhat.com>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI