Old 11-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Sebastian Löhr

Default MMS Stream

Hello,

excuse my bad english, i'm from germany and my school
time is now a couple of years ago.

Me and some ubuntu users were confronted with a problem with
"windows" mms streams. Various programms like mplayer, vlc,
totem are not able to stream the media. you'll get different
error messages.
I use ubuntu 8.04 but the problem also exist on 8.10.
A detailed overview of this problem can be found at
"http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/mms:-funktioniert-nach-update-auf-8.10-nicht-/?highlight=mms+stream#post-1662142".

I am not a linux insider or a programmer. I would say i am talanted user
since
some years now.

It would really be great if somebody know some solutions.

Yours sincerely
Sebastian Löhr

Old 11-10-2008, 04:41 AM
Ulf Rompe

Am Freitag, den 07.11.2008, 11:40 +0100 schrieb Sebastian Löhr:
> I use ubuntu 8.04 but the problem also exist on 8.10.
> A detailed overview of this problem can be found at
> "http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/mms:-funktioniert-nach-update-auf-8.10-nicht-/?highlight=mms+stream#post-1662142".

Using Intrepid, I can use Totem to listen to the radioromantic link you
posted over there ( mms://86.35.14.20/radioromantic ) without any
problem.

Had no luck with the other links, they all fail with:

** Message: Error: Could not connect to this stream

...which may just be verbalized as "404".
An exception is mms://81.196.221.89:8080 - Totem is going to die for it:

** Message: no file info
Segmentation fault

That's ugly and worth a bug report (if there isn't any yet). Even if the
stream is invalid, segfaulting is not an option. However, I happen to be
able to open this stream with xine, so it can't be all broken.

[x] ulf
--
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where
a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station...