Old 11-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Philippe Didier

Default Wine+IE+WMP : problem on Hardy (was Help me!)

Nguyen Canh Duong wrote:

*Now, I'm using solfware require IE(Internet Explorer) and Windows
Media Player, but it very hard, for install , run IE , Windows Media
Player on Ubuntu 8.04.
Can you help me?
On Ubuntu, do you use, install, run IE + Windows Media ?
And,
I'm setup Java, Flash Player run very good on Firefox, but when
run it on ie4linux(wine) then Java, Flash Player not run, not view.
*
Thanks,
Best Regard,

Hi,

My first question would be : what soft requires expressly IE and WMP to
be installed on your system ? Is it something you cannot replace by
firefox and some plugins ? Are you sure there is no there way to do ?

Then if you answer categorically YES, wine is an option, but
visualization can be another choice : please Google on Virtualbox to
know more how to install a virtual windows on your Ubuntu.

Good luck,

Philippe

PS : Help me is not a very explicit subject, try "Wine+IE+WMP : problem
on Hardy"

Old 11-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Philippe Didier

Then
if you answer categorically YES, wine is an option, but
visualization can be another choice :
Tipo : please read : virtualization .. ...

--
IT Manager Neptune Concept
+66-(0)89-759-0448