Old 11-06-2008, 05:05 PM
"dlarson19"

Default Vista Computer

I am running Vista Home Premium on and HP dual
processor, and have tried on several occasions to boot from an ISO file.* I
have tried this on 2 computers, changed the boot sequence, turned the computer
off and on, etc. *and non of them have worked.* I download the Linux
.iso file and then burn it to a disk using Roxio.* What am I doing
wrong?
*
Thanks
*
Dennis M. Larson
*

Old 11-07-2008, 06:57 AM
"Jim Rosser"

Can you explain what exactly is going wrong, and did you check the md5 to make sure you have to proper cd.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 12:05 PM, dlarson19 <dlarson19@cox.net> wrote:

I am running Vista Home Premium on and HP dual
processor, and have tried on several occasions to boot from an ISO file.* I
have tried this on 2 computers, changed the boot sequence, turned the computer
off and on, etc. *and non of them have worked.* I download the Linux
.iso file and then burn it to a disk using Roxio.* What am I doing
wrong?
*
Thanks
*
Dennis M. Larson
*

Jim Rosser

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open windows.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Eberhard Roloff

dlarson19 wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium on and HP dual processor, and have tried
> on several occasions to boot from an ISO file. I have tried this on 2
> computers, changed the boot sequence, turned the computer off and on,
> etc. and non of them have worked. I download the Linux .iso file and
> then burn it to a disk using Roxio. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis M. Larson

Hi,

I think, this will help you along:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto

Kind regards
Eberhard

Old 11-07-2008, 10:59 AM
squareyes

dlarson19 wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium on and HP dual processor, and have
> tried on several occasions to boot from an ISO file. I have tried
> this on 2 computers, changed the boot sequence, turned the computer
> off and on, etc. and non of them have worked. I download the Linux
> .iso file and then burn it to a disk using Roxio. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis M. Larson

Hi Dennis. you can't boot from an iso , you need to burn it as an "image"
Check out
http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/03/15/how-to-burn-an-iso-image-in-3-clicks-cd-or-dvd/

Don't know about Roxio, but Nero will do it.
Hope this helps.Take Care
Winton

Old 11-07-2008, 11:46 AM
elmo

dlarson19 wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium on and HP dual processor, and have
> tried on several occasions to boot from an ISO file. I have tried
> this on 2 computers, changed the boot sequence, turned the computer
> off and on, etc. and non of them have worked. I download the Linux
> .iso file and then burn it to a disk using Roxio. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis M. Larson

Quoting: "I download the Linux .iso file and then burn it to a disk
using Roxio."
It depends on what you mean by "burn"---did you just copy iso or did you
burn an image?

Your Roxio has an operation that creates an "Image" disk. This is what
you should use.

elmo