Old 11-07-2008, 04:53 AM
"Gary Jarrel"

Default Intrepid Dual Monitor - Strange Behaviour

Hi All,

Recently upgraded to Intrepid, and started noticing very strange behavior with the mouse on dual monitors. Basically it does not seem to focus on the correct monitor. I.e. if I click Places -> Home Folder on the external monitor (laptop) the home folder opens on the main monitor. Similarly if I have tsclient running on the main display and move the mouse across to access something on the external monitor the system does not respond to mouse clicks or keyboard strokes on the external display - the keyboard would continue to respond within the tsclient session. This was never the case under Hard nor any other distribution since 2006 when I started using Ubuntu.

I run two separate X screens (no Xinerama) using nVidia Corporation GeForce Go 7700

Any clues would be much appreciate.

Thank you

GJ