Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Vincent Trouilliez

Default Open Office crashed when I save my documents

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:49:48 -0800 (PST)
Mwaura <kagzfrancis@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to use my open office since I got into Ubuntu and for some reason after am done typing a doccument and key in Save.... it crushes with an unknown error may any one know what i can do?
> kagz

Hi kagz,

What you can do ?

Two things ;-)

First, give a title to your message on this list, because "(No
Subject)" is a serious handicap if you want people to pay attention to
your problem! ;-)

Secondly, you could (should really!) file a bug report against
OpenOffice, in Ubuntu's bugtracker (you will need to create an account
first, if you haven't already got one, but that's quick and painless),
because your bug is luckily, as I understand it, very easy to reproduce
at will, so it should be quite easy for the devs to investigate (by
pulling the debug packages for OOo and running a debugger and getting
traces of all kinds).
The easiest way is to start OpenOffice and go to the "Help" menu, then
select "Report a Bug". This will take you straight to Ubuntu's Bug
tracker.

HTH,

--
Vince