Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
NoOp

Default Linksys WP54G v4 +WPA

Wife came home from the recycling center with a Linksys wireless WP54G
v4 PCMCIA that she picked up for $3.00.
<http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout &cid=1130276681921&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVis itorWrapper>

Put it in the laptop (ThinkPad T30) and using ndiswrapper and the
drivers from Linksys I was able to get to card to recognize networks,
but my Wireless router is set for WPA. Not wanting to lower the security
on the router to WEP, I googled around and found these links:

1. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=878346&page=2
2. #1 led me to:
<http://phildawson.tumblr.com/post/22267163/how-to-enable-linksys-airconn-inprocomm-ipn-2220>

I downloaded and extracted the Tosiba driver from:
http://driverscollection.com/?file_id=32880
Removed the linksys driver (using ndisgtk), loaded the Toshiba WinXP
neti2220.inf and like magic logged into my router using WPA :-)

Signal strength is 100% around the house & download speeds testing from
http://myspeed.visualware.com is showing full strenght for my DSL
connection!

I'm free, I'm free! I can now wander about the house with my new $3.00
toy :-)