Old 11-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Default Webcam question

I did the last kernel update (intrepid).

I have 2 Logitech Quickcams connected to my system, but using gqview
/dev/video0 and video1 both give green screens with "error reading
image..." messages at the console (using ssh -X)

lsusb states:
Bus 002 Device 007: ID 046d:08d7 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 046d:08d7 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX

So, these are being seen, and I'm thinking the /dev entries wouldn't be
there if the module wasn't loaded, but I'm having a brain fart on what
to do to check the module or see what other problem would give that
error. Maybe I need to unplug them and plug them back in but I'm not
onsite at the moment. Any hints or anyone else have that happen?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:52 PM

I'm not sure if this is compatible...
I have a microsoft one. I get this from lsusb 046d:c521 If it can't work I guess that's ok.

Also would wine be able to bypass this with a given program?!?

Old 01-13-2010, 08:16 PM
NoOp

On 01/13/2010 12:52 PM, mdovell@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is compatible...
> I have a microsoft one. I get this from lsusb 046d:c521 If it can't work I guess that's ok.
>
> Also would wine be able to bypass this with a given program?!?

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2B"046d%3Ac521"& btnG=Search>
seems to indicate that 046d:c521 is a Logitech, Inc. MX620 Laser
Cordless Mouse

Old 01-14-2010, 01:19 AM

Sorry* I meant 045e:00f5

Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM