Old 11-06-2008, 10:21 AM
John Botscharow

Default e: Manipulating PDF files (NoOp)

NoOp,

Thanks again for the help. I have one more , only one more I hope
question:

You said:

"You can install the medibuntu repositories, after which you will find
acroread and/or adobereader-enu in Synaptic. (or you can then install
from the terminal via 'sudo apt-get install adobereader-enu' or 'sudo
apt-get install acroread'."

Since this sounds like what I REALLY need. this is what I am going to
do, but, since all this is very new to me - only been using Ubuntu for
five months after 25 years of being part of the Borg of Redmond, I have
no clue how to get the medibuntu repository. Please remove my
ignorance :-)

Thanks again,

John

Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Bo Grimes

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 05:21:47AM -0600, John Botscharow wrote:
> NoOp,
>
> Thanks again for the help. I have one more , only one more I hope
> question:
>
> You said:
>
> "You can install the medibuntu repositories, after which you will find
> acroread and/or adobereader-enu in Synaptic. (or you can then install
> from the terminal via 'sudo apt-get install adobereader-enu' or 'sudo
> apt-get install acroread'."
>
> Since this sounds like what I REALLY need. this is what I am going to
> do, but, since all this is very new to me - only been using Ubuntu for
> five months after 25 years of being part of the Borg of Redmond, I have
> no clue how to get the medibuntu repository. Please remove my
> ignorance :-)

I'm not NoOp, but he'd most likely tell you thie same thing:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu#Adding%20the%20Repositories

Old 11-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Steven Davies-Morris

Bo Grimes wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 05:21:47AM -0600, John Botscharow wrote:
>> NoOp,
>>
>> Thanks again for the help. I have one more , only one more I hope
>> question:
>>
>> You said:
>>
>> "You can install the medibuntu repositories, after which you will find
>> acroread and/or adobereader-enu in Synaptic. (or you can then install
>> from the terminal via 'sudo apt-get install adobereader-enu' or 'sudo
>> apt-get install acroread'."
>>
>> Since this sounds like what I REALLY need. this is what I am going to
>> do, but, since all this is very new to me - only been using Ubuntu for
>> five months after 25 years of being part of the Borg of Redmond, I have
>> no clue how to get the medibuntu repository. Please remove my
>> ignorance :-)
>
> I'm not NoOp, but he'd most likely tell you thie same thing:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu#Adding%20the%20Repositories

NooP is one of the really good guys on this list. He's always helpful
and is usually spot-on with his advice.
NP: nothing

Old 11-06-2008, 04:36 PM
NoOp

On 11/06/2008 03:44 AM, Bo Grimes wrote:

> I'm not NoOp, but he'd most likely tell you thie same thing:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu#Adding%20the%20Repositories

Thanks much Bo... I forgot to add that link in my first reply to John.