Old 11-06-2008, 03:16 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default OpenGL header files

Hello,

I have installed Nvidia 8800GT card on my machine with Ubuntu 8.10. It is working fine ( tested with
glxgears and glxinfo programs).

I am trying to build some Cuda Applications and the programs fail to find GL/gl.h and GLU/glut.h etc.

Where Can I find those header files compatible with NVidia Cards ?* Before using Nvidia cards, I used
to install MesaGL library which is free. But if I have Nvidia, then probably I must use Nvidia's OpenGL
library.

Thanks.
csv

Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 09:46 +0530, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> I am trying to build some Cuda Applications and the programs fail to
> find GL/gl.h and GLU/glut.h etc.
> Where Can I find those header files compatible with NVidia Cards ?
> Before using Nvidia cards, I used to install MesaGL library which is
> free. But if I have Nvidia, then probably I must use Nvidia's OpenGL
> library.

In general, you can use packages.ubuntu.com to search for which packages
contain a certain file.
Alternatively, you can use apt-file. You first need to install this
utility, then run "apt-file update".

Any *.h files are usually separated out in packages with the same name
as the library, but with "*-dev" tacked on at the end, so that users who
don't develop do not need to install them.

mario@chronic: /tmp $ apt-file search GL/gl.h
libroot5.18: /usr/lib/root/5.18/cint/include/GL/gl.h
mesa-common-dev: /usr/include/GL/gl.h
mingw32-runtime: /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/include/GL/gl.h
nvidia-glx-173-dev: /usr/include/GL/gl.h
nvidia-glx-177-dev: /usr/include/GL/gl.h
nvidia-glx-71-dev: /usr/include/GL/gl.h
nvidia-glx-96-dev: /usr/include/GL/gl.h