Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 AM
"Kim Briggs"

Default Printer will not work

On 11/5/08, Kjetil Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hola!
>
> I am connected to a (non-local) printer on the local network. The
> printer works nice from windows machines, but from ubuntu
> (neither 8.04 nor 8.10) am I unable to print. What might be the
> problem. I am using the troubleshooting guide, which cannot
> solve the problem, but gives the following information output:

Hi KH,

I have been using network printers with Ubuntu for 3 years. You did
not say how you set these printers up. Is it with some software that
came with the printers? I ask because you mention a "troubleshooting
guide" of some kind.

In a couple of cases, the software supplied by the vendor was not
successful with setting up the printer, but using the System.. Admin..
Printing section of Ubuntu was successful without any problems. I
would suggest not using the ipp method, but the "HP JetDirect" method
(even if it is not HP) that usually says something like "direct TCP/IP
printing".

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com