Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 PM
"Darryl Tidd"

Default Windows Share

Hi All,
We have a central windows share on our server.* I have setup the fstab successfully to connect on boot up.* I use a .smbcredentials file.* The username and password are for my account on the file server, and the share mounts flawlessly on boot.* I also, can read and write to the share, with no problems, usually.* The big problem is when I write a file to the share, it is set with root as the owner, therefore if I try to delete a file in my folder, I do not have permission.* So, the question is, how can I set it up to create files with my user as owner?

The entry in fstab is as follows:
//192.168.x.xxx/NameOfShare /media/remote cifs credential=/home/me/.smbcredentials,_netdev,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=07 77 *** 0*** 0Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Also, I am using Ubuntu 8.04
Thanks
--
Darryl Tidd

Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Corneil du Plessis

The ownership of the share as it appears on the client is set using uid= or gid=

example:

//192.168.x.xxx/NameOfShare /media/remote cifs credential=/home/me/.smbcredentials,uid=me