Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Rick Bilonick

Default VGA Out on the HP2133

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 on an HP2133 mini-notebook using the vesa
driver. (The openchrome driver does not appear to work at all and the
linux driver provided by VIA appears to be tied to a specific 8.04
kernel and I don't have the skills to modify it). Everything works on
the 2133 (wifi, sound, webcam, battery monitoring, etc.) except for the
external VGA port. (I know the port works because it worked under Fedora
8 using the vesa driver. Unfortunately, Fedora 9 refuses to work with
the lcd panel, even with the vesa driver - but the external VGA port
does work.)

I'm using the generic vesa driver on the 2133. Any suggestions on
getting the VGA port to work would be greatly appreciated. I'm using an
xorg.conf file and hopefully there is some tweak that will get it
working.

Rick B.