Old 11-05-2008, 07:30 PM
"Soo-Hyun Choi"

Default gnome-terminal and backspace key

Hi all,

I just upgraded from Hardy to Intrepid, and it seems that everything
is working as before except the backspace key (and arrow keys) over
the gnome-terminal.

The keyboard is working fine with other applications, like Firefox,
gedit, etc, but it is not working correctly just with gnome-termial -
i.e., backspace key doesn't work and the arrow keys doesn't work
correctly. (When I press those keys, some weird characters are
printed.)

Again, this is only happening with gnome-terminal. I tried re-setting
the keyboard layouts at "System > Preferences >
Keyboard" with no success.

Is there any work-around to resolve this issue? I tried "sudo
dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" with no success as well.

Many thanks,
Soo-Hyun