Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 AM
david

Default sane seg fault intrepid and hardy

Just upgraded my Asus m51k to intrepid and sane segfaults at every opportunity.

I tried running as root (despite dire warnings not to!) and it still failed.

I've got a Samsung MFP SCX4725 which *seems* to install sane drivers with it's
proprietary linux software but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. The
samsung software doesn't work for scanning anyway.

My desktop is still running Hardy and it also segfaults.

Any thoughts?

David.