Old 11-05-2008, 07:08 AM
"Arun Shrimali"

Default How to disable pen drive in Ubuntu 8.10

Dear All,

We have the mix network of Ubuntu and Windows clients.
Thus to avoid the spread of virus as well as misuse of the system for
other purpose and leakage of data, I want to disable usb ports of mass
storages.

Does anyone can help me how to disable USB ports for mass storages in Ubuntu 8.10

Regards

Arun

Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Arun Shrimali wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have the mix network of Ubuntu and Windows clients. Thus to avoid the
> spread of virus as well as misuse of the system for other purpose and
> leakage of data, I want to disable usb ports of mass storages.
>
> Does anyone can help me how to disable USB ports for mass storages in
> Ubuntu 8.10

I found https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/30501 , which
discusses several possible solutions. I haven't tested any of them.

Matt Flaschen

Old 11-05-2008, 07:17 PM
NoOp

On 11/05/2008 12:08 AM, Arun Shrimali wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We have the mix network of Ubuntu and Windows clients. Thus to avoid the
> spread of virus as well as misuse of the system for other purpose and
> leakage of data, I want to disable usb ports of mass storages.
>
> Does anyone can help me how to disable USB ports for mass storages in Ubuntu
> 8.10
>
> Regards
>
> Arun

If it is anything like Hardy: System|Administration|Users &
Groups|Properties|User Privileges|uncheck Access external storeage
devices automatically. You can also set (in Hardy) using
System|Administration|Authorizations|storage|Mount file systems from
removable drives

Old 11-06-2008, 04:25 AM
"Arun Shrimali"

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:47 AM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On 11/05/2008 12:08 AM, Arun Shrimali wrote:

> Dear All,

> We have the mix network of Ubuntu and Windows clients. Thus to avoid the

> spread of virus as well as misuse of the system for other purpose and

> leakage of data, I want to disable usb ports of mass storages.

> Does anyone can help me how to disable USB ports for mass storages in Ubuntu

> 8.10

> Regards

> Arun

If it is anything like Hardy: System|Administration|Users &

Groups|Properties|User Privileges|uncheck Access external storeage

devices automatically. You can also set (in Hardy) using

System|Administration|Authorizations|storage|Mount file systems from

removable drives

Dear Mathew and NoOP,

Thanks for the support

Arun