Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 AM
"Chaman Singh Verma"

Default Qs: RedHat Toolkit on Ubuntu

Hello,

I am interested in using NVidia Cuda Toolkit which is available from NVidia site. They provide
software for RedHat (*rhel5.1_x86_64.run).

Is is possible to install and use such software on Ubuntu 8.10 ? Or Do I need to have two OS on my

machine ?

Anxious for a Quick reply.

csv

Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Jim Smith

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in using NVidia Cuda Toolkit which is available from
> NVidia site. They provide
> software for RedHat (*rhel5.1_x86_64.run).
>
> Is is possible to install and use such software on Ubuntu 8.10 ? Or Do
> I need to have two OS on my
> machine ?
>
> Anxious for a Quick reply.
>
> csv

If it is an .rpm you an convert it to a .deb using "sudo alien -d *.rpm"
If you don't have the alien pkg you can install it with Synaptic. Once
it is a .deb install it with gdebi.

YMMV

Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 11-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Jim Smith wrote:
> If it is an .rpm you an convert it to a .deb using "sudo alien -d *.rpm"
> If you don't have the alien pkg you can install it with Synaptic. Once
> it is a .deb install it with gdebi.
>
> YMMV

Obviously, you'll need to have the appropriate dependencies. How easy
those are to install varies a great deal.

Matt Flaschen