Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 AM
"Jonathan D. Armendariz"

Default Can mount external USB drive but cannot read or write to it

Peter Smerdon wrote:

> I would mount the drive and then do a
> sudo chown -R
> yourusername:yourusername /media/whereever/thedrive/is/mounted
>
> this basically changes the user and group permissions of the drive to
> yourself. I would guess the drive gets mounted somewhere in /media but
> you need to check that is the case.

Did as you suggested and it worked! Thank you much appreciated. I'll
have to admit I still have alot to learn with Linux but it's time well
spent.

Regards

--
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than
sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.