Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Richard Broersma Jr

Default Screen dimming always resets to maximum intensity

Question:
Is there an easy fix, perhaps a simple change to a conf file? Or is this a bug? What are the steps that I would need to take to resolve this problem.

Problem:
Using my laptop keyboard functions I am able to adjust the screen intensity to a moderate level that is comfortable for my eyes. However, after what seems like a random amount of time ( between 5 seconds to ~30 minutes) the screen intensity returns to maximum.

Background:
Ubuntu 7.10
Linux version 2.6.22-15-generic (buildd@rothera)
(gcc version 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease)
(Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2))
#1 SMP Tue Oct 21 23:47:12 GMT 2008

DELL Inspiron 1526 w/Ubuntu preinstalled.